Today was the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary, a Holy Day of Obligation for all of us Catholics and one of the most important ones in the church year and....WE MISSED IT! Not for a lack of effort or thoughtfulness, but pure error on my part. So it goes something like this. I new that it was coming up and that it would be here before I knew it and that it always sneaks up on me this time of year. So as I was talking to mom this morning about this that and the other thing she mentioned that Katie had gone to Church this morning because she was working until ten tonight and wouldn't be able to go tonight. The light bulb flickered and popped on....CHURCH TONIGHT! Immaculate conception! I quickly googled Our Lady of Lourdes church in Little Falls to get the mass times for the Tri Parish Faith Community...I read it, got in my head that there was mass at OLOL at 5:30 - a little tight on time with both of us rolling in from work a little after five and 6:30 at St. Mary's....sounds good! So we got home, dillydallied around, ate some supper and out the door we went ot St. Mary's on the east side of town for 6:30 mass. When rounding the corner by OLOL I was surprised that all of the cars were gone from 5:30 mass and in my head I thought two things, first I bet that Father Mark was doing both masses and had to hurry through 5:30 mass to get to St. Mary's by 6:30 and secondly and embarrassing to admit I thought...sweet mass is going to be short and we'll be home and toasty warm in less than an hour. So we turn down 4th street and there are NO cars parked in front of the church there either!!! WTH (What the Heck - when talking about church) I was so disgusted/frustrated I could have cried. I processed it all out loud as Justin was saying...there is nothing we can do about it now, at least we made an effort. He is always so positive! We made a pit stop for milk and city trash bags on the way home and I rushed in the house to see how I possibly could have messed this one up...So here I sit after perusing the Tri Parish website again and it ends up that there WAS mass at St. Mary's at 6:30 LAST NIGHT! ARGHHH!!! and there WAS mass at OLOL at 5:30 TONIGHT! How could could I possibly made such a stupid memory error (are the residents wearing off on me)? Good thing I am not a transcriptionist. So I'm still struggling with it and trying to figure out how I'm going to make this all ok mentally. Should I say the rosary? Maybe a few extra prayers when I go to bed tonight? OR Should I chalk it up as...we made an effort, missed church and there isn't a darn thing we can do about it? WOW!! Does anyone else struggle with stuff like this or am I just crazy? WOW! I feel better just typing it all out...Happy Holy Day of Obligation to all and to all a good night!
ps. I have a hot date with my husband tomorrow night :) and a busy weekend planned, so look forward to more stories and I'll try to keep my babbling to a minimum.
No comments:
Post a Comment